Fever and blood culture sampling
- The first set is obtained from a peripheral vein
- The second set is obtained from the CVC
- Before taking blood from the CVC for blood culture, discard the first 5 ml and change the stop cock; change the stop cock again after completing blood sampling
- Differential-time-to-positivity/quantitative blood cultures.
Change the stop cock only if the ongoing drug therapy can be interrupted
* The recommmandations of patient care are stricly advisory. They are non-formal and property of the University of Geneva Hospitals.